Attractions In & Around Branson
Let White River Lodge on Table Rock Lake help you discover that a Branson, MO area vacation has something for everyone to enjoy during all times of the year. From the great outdoors and surrounding Ozark Mountains to shops, shows, and unique small town attractions, be our guest.
The Branson area’s lakes offer a wide variety of fishing and recreational fun as well as scenic views. If fishing “floats your boat” please check out our Fishing Info page and let fishing guide, Bill Babler show you how to fish the lakes that made the Ozarks famous.
Table Rock Lake is a Corp. of Engineer’s made lake from the damming of the White River. Check out the Dewey Short Visitor’s Center at the dam for information, beautiful views of Table Rock Lake and Lake Taneycomo below the dam, and walking trails—all free of charge.
Table Rock Lake boating and other water activities –There is a Corp. of Engineers Park (Old 86 State Park) about 1 mile from the lodge. They have swim beaches, picnicking, and a boat launch. State Park Marina on Hwy 165 approx. 15 minutes away has lake access, boat and jet ski rentals, parasailing, and sailboat cruising on the Spirit of America. Moonshine Beach, a Corp. of Engineers park near the dam has swimming and a sandy beach area. The Branson Belle showboat is docked between State Park and the Dewey Short Visitor center.
Bass Pro Shop’s owner, and “local boy,” Johnny Morris, has several great properties in the area that helps make a Branson vacation extra special and are easily accessible from White River Lodge:
- Dogwood Canyon (10 miles) a beautiful nature park with paved walking trail along river and waterfalls, bike rentals, tram tours, Segways, horseback riding, log cabin wedding chapel, café and gift shop. A WRL guest favorite.
- Big Cedar Lodge (6 miles) has restaurants and spa open to the public. We’re across the lake and can see their holiday and special occasion fireworks from the lodge decks.
- Top of the Rock (6.5 miles) expanded and reopened in June 2014 has Osage House fine dining restaurant, bar, museum, a Mexican restaurant, wedding chapel, and Legends of Golf Par 3 golf course. (take a look through our spotting scope)
- Bass Pro’s Long Creek Marina (3 miles) has boat rentals, boat stall rentals, and Lady Liberty boat tours. 417-334-4860
- Bass Pro’s Shooting Academy (4 Miles)
- Buffalo Ridge Golf Course
- Bass Pro Shops in Branson Landing (15 miles) and the original in Springfield, MO (35 miles). Wonders of Wildlife Museum is also located there.
Lilleys’ Landing Resort and Marina has boat rentals for trout fishing on Lake Taneycomo. Lilleys’ also has a great trout fishing shop. (20 min.)
Hollister: (15 minutes) College of the Ozarks offers to the public the Ralph Foster Museum and fine dining in The Keeter Center, Lowes, Country Mart and Harter House grocery stores, Menards, Mexican and fast food dining, shops and restaurants on Historical Downing Street.. New Branson Airport is open for business –only 10 miles from WRL off of 65 hwy.
Branson: (17 minutes) A variety of over 100 live shows, dining, shopping malls, antique shops, golfing, train ride, zip-lines, wineries, museums, Silver Dollar City, Shepherd of the Hills, and more! Check out the Branson Lakes Area of Commerce site for more information.
Branson Landing: Located along Taneycomo east of the historical downtown area. There’s a variety of clothing and specialty shops, restaurants, and water/fire show.
Berryville, AR (20 min.): Cosmic Cavern, Sander’s Gun Museum, shops, Wal-Mart Supercenter.
Springfield, MO: (45 minutes) Bass Pro Shop (1st), Wildlife Museum, Dickerson Park Zoo, airport, small city amenities.
Kanakuk Christian Sports Camps since 1926. We welcome Kanakuk parents–please give us an email or call for summer drop off/pick up stays–we’re only 15 miles from the Lampe camps.